Homemade protein balls are the best snack! They are cheap to make, can last in the fridge for a couple of weeks and can even be made in bulk and stored in the freezer.
Not only do you get a hit of protein from the powder but the flax seeds and oats are also a great source of protein and do amazing things for your digestion.
These peanut butter oat protein balls are easy to make and can be done in around 10 minutes!
1 ½ cups rolled oats
2 scoops of protein powder (vanilla or choc works best)
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tbs flax seeds
1 tsp Vanilla extract
½ Cup of Natural smooth peanut butter
¼ Cup of natural honey
3-4 tbs of almond milk
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add in honey, vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir until combined
- Add almond milk one table spoon at a time and stir until the mixture is sticky
- Roll into balls using your hands (golf ball size or smaller if preferred
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge
- Protein balls will be set after 30 minutes in the fridge